Head of Operations
Title: Head of Operations
Start Date: ASAP
Pentatonic are different. We want to destroy the consumption model. No more single use, instead we make from trash, modular product, re-recyclable; true circularity. But beyond the philosophy, the products and customer experience have to be world-class, or it will be a short journey that we take alone.
The Head of Operations is a key member of the senior management team. The core requirement is to set up and optimise our processes as a business, with a focus on our B2C functions. You must ensure that our customer experience from the point an order is placed, is one to be proud of.
- Full ownership of fulfilment, warehousing, customer service, packaging, and returns / buy-back processes.
- Comprehensive development of our fulfilment supply chain, seeking out suppliers that can deliver to highest standards, internationally and to a sustainable ethos. To include the negotiation, on-boarding and management of those partners.
- Key leadership and contribution—in collaboration with fellow senior management and directors—across dependent or connected areas of the business, such as international expansion, customer experience, payments and systems selection and integrations.
- To recommend and implement business systems and processes that ensure rapid scale and international expansion can be delivered successfully.
- Direct responsibility for operational costs, and key contributor to business P&L.
- Operational team hire and management.
- 5-10 years' professional experience in a senior operations role, including responsibility across an e-commerce business function
- Preferred experience at a retail direct-to-user ecommerce pure-play business
- Detailed understanding of ERP software systems function
- Detailed knowledge of international delivery, customer service operations, warehouse set-up and payment processing.
- Track record of successful management.
- Responsibilty for department costs as a minimum, preferably P&L experience.